Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sunset

Sunset and sunrise are fascinating.  It appears new everyday.  The changing colors of the sky and lighting at dawn and dusk, the activity in the nature at that time all are ever new. 
Whenever I watch sunset I remember a childhood incident.  I was at my uncle’s place for holidaying.  It was a village.  I, along with my siblings and cousins would go out to visit other friends and relatives in the village.  The age of all of us was in single digit only. We all would go out in the morning and evenings.  In the afternoon, after lunch we have to be at home as it would be hot in the afternoon. 
One day we all went out in the evening.  One of my cousins had a staff in his hand.  This staff has a small scythe tied at one end.  This is used to pull and cut tiny branches with leaves to feed goats or also pluck fruits high in the branches.  We went to the village lake.  There my cousins swam for sometime and later we all started back home.  The sun was on his journey to home and rest.  We kids liked the setting sun in beautiful orange red colors and the sky shining in golden hue.  The clouds were having golden linings.  The sun was round like a huge bright light red glowing ball.  In those meadows amidst scattered toddy palms the glowing sun looked very near and reachable to us.  My cousin said that he will pull the sun down with the staff he had.  We all Okayed and started straight towards the sun!  We ran and ran, until the sun disappeared.  With disappointment, we returned home. 

Whenever I see the sunset in the meadows appearing reachable, I always remember that incident and long to catch sun one day in my hands! 

No comments:

Post a Comment