Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sunset@Bhadrakali


I had a wish to take photographs of sunset at Bhadrakali. Many times I visited temple in the evenings. But I never had an opportunity as by the time I finished prayers and came out of the temple to take pictures the sun would disappear behind the rocks and it would be dark.

Today when I started to visit temple I had a doubt if the rituals at the temple would go out normally. The reason is that Shri Ganapathi Shastry, the man behind the temple development had his last breath the night before. He had come to this temple in 1940. Though the temple was built in year 625A.D. by Chalukyas and was to certain extent maintained by Kakatiya Kings, it was left in ruins. Shri B.S.Ganesh Rao, a devotee of Goddess Devi Matha, built himself a small house and stayed beside the temple and worshipped. He is the person behind the development of temple to present position. His demise at the age of 113 years is sad. I thought that suspending the temple rituals for a day will be a befitting tribute to the pious personality. Generally we do not hear such things happening. So I went to the temple today, but the temple was closed.

As it was sunset time I could take few pictures. As I had gone to the temple I just sat for a few minutes on the steps of the temple for a few minutes before returning home. Then when I saw there was no trace of sun. Shades of dusk disappeared and darkness set in.

No comments:

Post a Comment